-

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Run Timmy Run!

.

I can't believe I did it! I woke up at 5am the day after seeing my weight at 246lbs and went for a run. You heard right, I went running. Well jogging actually. No... more like a forced forward movement at not very high speeds... sorry that's optimistic... at absolutely slow speeds. I have heard about marathon runners hitting “the wall” somewhere around mile 18 and how they force themselves past it. Well I hit my “wall” about twenty paces into my “jog”. I was ready to quit and walk home and climb into bed. I saw a green light post about twenty feet up ahead of me and I made a deal with myself that if I could just make it to there I could quit. After I made it to the post there was a tree thirty feet away and so on and so on until I did a short loop in the area. The feeling of death came over me as I stumbled up my driveway. Why did I have to live on a hill? Will I ever stop sweating?

I took a nice long shower and had an egg white omelet for breakfast. I Grabbed a cup of coffee and went to work to brag about my run. Of course, by the time I got to work i could barely walk. What have I done to my body? Time to suck it up.

I ate a healthy lunch and even healthier supper. No beers. No beers. No beers. No beers.

Get it together Elvis and God have mercy on me.

This better work.

0 comments

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List