-

Friday, July 25, 2008

You Only Live Twice

.

The dream lives on for another day. I torqued everything up last night and here's the result:



She's running again and she sounds a lot better than she did last time. There are a few things I noticed that I didn't care for. There seems to be fuel leaking from my carburetors and there's a high pitched squeaky sound coming from that area as well. Hopefully I can get the gremlins out of the machine tonight. The plan being to reassemble everything and take her for a small test drive. Tomorrow I want to take her for a real ride. Maybe out to Hope or Merrit, depending on how she feels underneath me. I only have a few more days before she goes on the plane so I better do some tests before. The last thing I would want to have happen is to break down in Bratislava!

I still need to mount the saddle bags and front headlight but I think it's more important to actually get things running properly before I do that. I realize now the mistakes I've made throughout this process and I will never repeat them again. In the future if I were to do something like this I would get the mechanical done prior to doing any cosmetic work. The disassembly and reassembly process is not that hard at all. There's an old saying, "Chrome won't get you home", and it fits this situation. Reliable is better than good-looking. You would think being good looking and unreliable my entire life I would know this but vanity always skews your judgment. I always want the shiny one!

So Dave and Jimmy are coming over tonight to give me a hand with some of the final assembly. I think after finding out that Lee has been fast tracked for the MVP award they have decided to get on their respective horses and get over to help. I'm sure it will be an evening of drinking and criticism but that's just to be expected from anyone that would stoop low enough to be my friend. I will keep the postings going all weekend and I'm going to do a few picture blogs from my mobile phone and see how well it works from the road.

Previous StoryNext Story

4 comments

Grimoire said...

It sounds a lot better! No more valves ticking!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, we believe in you!!

But crossing toes, fingers, eyes, legs, the street, whatever, you name it. Good luck!

A.

Anonymous said...

Well you have made a believer out of me. I'm convinced you're gonna make it. I clicked your PayPal thing and donated $40 to the cause.

Keep the dream alive..a

and keep blogging!

Don Bangert said...

Hey! She sounds pretty good. You may just have yourself a decent little runner.

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List