-

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?

.


For the people who know where I am right now I just wanted to let you know that I'm writing this post from one of my favorite places ion this planet. There's a small grove of trees on the waterfront just in front of the only corner store in Jadrtovac Croatia. In the mornings the local farmers bring their figs in to sell and it's here where I like to start my days with a cold Karlovacko and think about absolutely nothing. Sometimes I will sit and read a book and I've often thought if I were to ever write a book it would be right in this spot.

Unfortunately my day has not gone as well as I had hoped. I was picked up at the bus station by my father-in-law's brother. I guess that would make him my uncle-in-law. Needless to say Zdravko is a man who doesn't age. His outlook on life and his choice of places to live has made him timeless.... I want to go on but I'm distracted as a little girl has just stopped to randomly climb the tree above me and now her mother is yelling at her to get down.

My day is mixed. I'm happy to be here, I'm unhappy that my family isn't here, I'm happy to get on with my motorcycle trip, I'm unhappy to leave here. Mostly I'm upset that my bike won't turn over. I've worked on it all day and I'm sad to say that I can't get it to start. I'm pretty sure it's the battery. I was encouraged when I pulled my motorcycle out of it's tomb and I turned the key and the dashboard lights all turned on. But now after charging it for a number of hours I'm getting nothing. I've even tried jumping the starter relay and I can't get the starter motor to even want to turn. I'm trying to trouble shoot everything but the weather isn't cooperating with me. I have never seen anything like it. Torrential rain, bright lightning, and booming thunder followed by 30 mile per hour winds and sunshine. That's right sunshine. The bad weather blows in like an unwelcome relative and leaves faster than frightened rabbit. It takes about an hour for the sun to dry up all the rain, but it doesn't matter. The next bout of downpours begins.

Maybe tomorrow will ring me better luck?

0 comments

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List