-

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus

.

Motorcycle Adventure Travel | Jadrtovac on FireI have buttoned up the motorcycle for a year's worth of storage. I drained the remaining gas into the boat's gas tank, disconnected the battery, and put a bit of oil into each of the cylinders. I took a bit of maneuvering but I managed to bring the bike inside the house for storage. I really hope that 11 months sitting doesn't have any adverse affects.

My bus from Sibenik to Zagreb is scheduled to leave at 11pm so I still had time to pack and say my goodbyes. Packing was easier than expected. I decided to leave almost all of my summer clothes here so I wouldn't have to pack as much next year. This was handy as I had to pack 10 bottles of Karlovacko to take home with me. By the time I had replaced my clothes with beer (a good trade in my opinion) my luggage must have weighed 100 pounds. I hope those wheels can handle the weight or I will have to drink my luggage lighter.

My daughter was so sad that I was leaving that my heart was breaking. She had waited almost two months for me to get there and now I was leaving. I would see her in three weeks but when you're two years old three weeks is a life time. We went into town and had ice cream and even that didn't change her mood. I'm so sad.
Motorcycle Adventure Travel | Olivia is Sad

It was evening when we got back to the house in Jadrtovac and everybody was outside staring at the hills. It would seem a German tourist had decided to throw his cigarette butt out of the car window and start a forest fire. What a terrible decision. What a terrible decision. The hillside was alight with flame and the planes and helicopters were running quick sortēs to dump water on it.

I grabbed my luggage and loaded it into the car. The ride to the bus station seemed like it took no time at all. The bus was waiting for me and I didn't have to wait around. It was 11 at night so there wasn't much to see as I left Sibenik. I had packed some food and beer for the trip but for some reason I didn't have much of an appetite. I don't want to go home.
Motorcycle Adventure Travel | Elvis on the Bus

1 comment

Unknown said...

Olivia's a cutie!!

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List