-

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Not Legal... Just De-Criminalized

.

So it's coming down to the wire and I have yet to do my parking lot test. The weather has not been helpful at all. Not that I'm a fair weather rider. I just don't want to have to drive to work and be soggy all day. Also I don't think they will let me take the test on a bike with no insurance.
I've been a very naughty boy test driving my bike all over town without tags on it. I don't even know what the fines would be for that. It's $198 for a speeding ticket, could you imagine what it is for driving a motorcycle without insurance... or a driver's license... and drunk. I'm sure it would be steep. Definitely enough for a couple of tickets to a Policeman's Ball. Oh I forgot... policeman don't have balls!

http://elvisonthemove.blogspot.com/

Well I had a tough time of getting my bike legal again. You would think with modern technology and databases they would be able to just punch in a few keys and they could find the registration for my bike. It's just not that simple. It took almost an hour for them to dig up the information. Fortunately the insurance agency is also a supermarket so I just did some grocery shopping while they earned the commission on my $154 insurance policy. But in the end it all worked out.

http://elvisonthemove.blogspot.com/

Previous StoryNext Story

2 comments

Unknown said...

It's a sad comment on society when vehicle insurance is just two isles over at the end from the frozen bagels.

Elvis Glazier said...

So true Lee. If I wanted I could have had my haircut, purchased a Subway sandwich, had keys cut, planned a vacation, had my shoes repaired, or play Keno while I waited.

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List